May 11, 2020
Helpful Tips On: Flood Insurance
Is your listing a flood zone? Not sure?
You can easily find out online, that way you are able to take the appropriate steps to minimize risk!
- Enter the property’s address and you’ll see if it is in the flood zone! Still unsure, ask your Premium Mortgage Corp. loan officer to obtain a flood certification from CoreLogic.
What if your listing is in a flood zone?
You will need to get an Elevation Certificate and a letter of Map Amendment (LOMA). These documents can be retrieved from our recommended land surveyor & certified flood manager
David J. LaRue, LS.S, E.I.T., CFM
Licensed Land Surveyor & Certified Flood Manager
McMahon LaRue Associates P.C
822 Holt Road
Webster, NY 14580
*The time period for this is typically anywhere between 2 days and 2 weeks. The cost is approximately $650. Call your loan officer for more information!
Fun Thing To Do While Social Distancing
During this time of being safe at home and practicing social distancing, here are some fun things you can do!
- Go for walks or hikes - being socially distant doesn’t mean you necessarily have to stay inside. There are plenty of things to do outside, just remember to stay 6 feet away from others!
- Be social in safer ways – we have a lot of different technology that can help us stay connected! Chat with family and friends or have virtual happy hours on platforms such as Zoom, Facetime, Skype or Google Hangout.
- Pick up a new hobby – in order to keep your mind busy during these times, try a new hobby! For example, you could try painting, drawing or crochet. Learn a new skill by looking up video tutorials online.
- At-Home Workouts – gym closed? Home workouts are a great way to stay busy. Many trainers and teachers are posting free classes on social media as well as YouTube.
- Relax – during this stressful time, it is important to take steps to relax; such as using meditation & relaxation apps and videos that help to de-stress. Binging your favorite show on Netflix/Hulu wouldn’t hurt either.
- Get some home improvement projects done – now is a great time to do some spring cleaning. Declutter, wash windows, clean curtains, and finish up those all those DIY home projects you’ve been putting off!