Location: All Locations
The Staff Accountant I will be responsible for completing the following job duties.
- Assist in month end close activities
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparation of month end account reconciliations
- Assist with AP and AR functions of the department
- Reviewing of all transactions to assure accounting treatment is in accordance with GAAP
- Perform data entry for loan transactions.
- Respond to requests and inquiries from customers.
- Keep track of assigned ques in the LOS system to ensure that processes are being performed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Seeking ways to improve upon accounting processes and procedures
- Assisting with and handling special projects as needed
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The following qualifications are required of the Staff Accountant I
A degree in accounting and/or mortgage related experience or training.
- Strong Analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail and value of data integrity
- Positive customer service attitude with strong communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Work, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to be self-motivated and work effectively with different staff levels at the organization
The following equipment is used daily by the Staff Accountant I and provided by Premium Mortgage Corporation.
- Printer/copier/fax machine
- Excel and word programs
- Encompass software
- AMB – Mortgage Accounting software
The Staff Accountant I is primarily in an office setting and may be exposed to outdoor conditions.
The working conditions are classified as sedentary work:
- Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
The following is a description of the physical requirements on a daily basis for the Staff Accountant I. While performing the duties of the job the employee is regularly expected to:
- Stoop or kneel
- Repetitive motion
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.