Lock Desk Specialist
Location: Rochester Office
The Lock Desk Specialist will be responsible for completing the following job duties:
- Performing loan lock functions, hedging support, and reporting.
- Partnering with Secondary Manager/hedge firm and Loan Originations to lock interest rates on mortgages and appropriately hedge interest rate exposure.
- Preparing and Analyzing Secondary Marketing Daily/Monthly reports.
- Works closely with our Encompass Support Team to recommend necessary system changes and investor updates.
- Preparing and submitting correspondent investor application/recertifications.
- Additional duties assigned as required.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The following qualification are required of the Lock Desk Specialist:
- A college degree with one-year related experience and/or training. A combination of equivalent education and experience is acceptable.
- Experience with Ellie Mae’s Encompass and/or Optimal Blue is preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working in a Lock Desk role preferably.
- Customer service
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Time management
- Written communication
- Verbal communication
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and working knowledge of MS Access
- Ability to understand sophisticated mathematical models and concepts
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and maintain focus
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact effectively with external and internal clients across departments and locations
- Ability to construct conditions for missing items so that this information can be conveyed to the customer in a timely manner
- Able to multi-task
- Detail orientated
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
The following equipment is used daily by the Lock Desk Specialist and provided by Premium Mortgage Corporation:
- Printer/copier/fax machine
- Excel and word programs
- Encompass software
The Lock Desk Specialist is primarily in an office setting and may be exposed to outdoor conditions.
The working conditions are classified as sedentary work:
- Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
The following is a description of the physical requirements on a daily basis for the Lock Desk Specialist. While performing the duties of the job the employee is regularly expected to:
- Stoop or kneel
- Repetitive motion
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.