Location: All Locations
The Junior Underwriter will be responsible for completing the following job duties:
- Process information quickly with a high degree of accuracy
- Research and resolve issues using various resources and process documentation
- Timely and accurate entry of data into Encompass system
- Correct errors and investigate inconsistencies
- Submit loans to AUS systems (LP, DU, Total Scorecard, proprietary) as applicable and validates results to loan data.
- Responsible to clear lower level conditions that do not require senior underwriter role
- Act as a liaison between underwriting and other departments (processing, closing, and post-closing)
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The following qualification are required of the Junior Underwriter:
- A college degree with five years related experience and/or training. A combination of equivalent education and experience is acceptable.
- Minimum of 5 years of processing experience with all products.
- Previous Encompass experience preferred
- Customer service
- Time management
- Written communication
- Verbal communication
- Good mathematical skills
- Knowledge of collateral documents, income documents, assets, credit & CD’s
- Ability to construct conditions for missing items so that this information can be conveyed to the customer in a timely manner
- Team player
- Able to multi-task
- Detail orientated
- Problem solving
The following equipment is used daily by the Junior Underwriter and provided by Premium Mortgage Corporation:
- Printer/copier/fax machine
- Excel and word programs
- Encompass software
The Junior Underwriter is primarily in an office setting and may be exposed to outdoor conditions.
The working conditions are classified as sedentary work:
- Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
The following is a description of the physical requirements on a daily basis for the Junior Underwriter. While performing the duties of the job the employee is regularly expected to:
- Stoop or kneel
- Repetitive motion
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.