Location: All Locations
The Compliance Assistant I will be responsible for completing the following job duties.
- Become familiar with applicable regulations and internal policies and procedures to achieve the assigned duties.
- Work collaboratively with management and business units to ensure the business is complying with all state and federal laws and regulations, including but not limited to TILA, RESPA, ECOA, CFPB, HUD and AML requirements.
- Ensure adequate policies and procedures exist regarding compliance laws. Recommend improvement/development of processes, procedures and training.
- Monitor and assist with implementation of compliance improvements to address deficiencies cited during transaction testing, Pre-Funding QA and Post-Closing QC.
- Review and process file cancellations as requested by Sales and/or Operations within specified timeframes to meet ECOA Reg B.
- Perform monthly transaction testing as assigned by the Compliance Manager to confirm established policies and procedures are followed.
- Prepare and present a summary of findings to the Compliance Manager for review.
- Assist management in identifying trends for possible targeted reviews or additional training.
- Responsible for complying with the BSA/AML policy
- Required to attend classroom or online BSA/AML training annually
- Other duties as assigned
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The following qualification are required of the Compliance Assistant I
- A college degree with four years related experience and/or training. A combination of equivalent education and experience is acceptable.
Previous experience in the mortgage industry with understanding of loan processing and compliance is preferred but not required.
- Customer service skills
- Time management skills
- Written communication skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Detail orientated
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Independent Judgement
- Working knowledge in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Integrity, dependability, honesty and a willingness to learn
- Ability to follow directions
The following equipment is used daily by the Compliance Assistant I and is provided by Premium Mortgage Corporation.
- Printer/copier/fax machine
- Excel and word programs
- Encompass software
The Compliance Assistant I is primarily in an office setting and may be exposed to outdoor conditions.
The working conditions are classified as sedentary work:
- Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
The following is a description of the physical requirements on a daily basis for the Compliance Assistant I. While performing the duties of the job the employee is regularly expected to:
- Stoop or kneel
- Repetitive motion
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.