Location: Rochester Office
Premium Mortgage Corp is currently seeking an engineer with a Networking background and experience in a Data Center environment, meaning they have a solid understanding with Microsoft and VMware technologies. The truly exciting part of this position is the hands-on experience to wide variety of technologies on premise and on Azure cloud.
The Network Engineer performs complex technical analysis of network software, hardware, routers, switches, and various network systems using a variety of diagnostic tools in support of efficient network operations. Provides advanced level technical support and troubleshooting and perform scripting/programming to ensure stable and efficient operation of network technology solutions. Other duties, including occasional end-user support may be assigned if required.
- Design, manage, install, provision, configure, optimize, performance tune, integrate, and administer network solution technologies in a production
- Assist in data center installs, provision network access ports and physical cable infrastructure for data center systems.
- Ensure LAN/WAN environment are secure and appropriate recovery and redundancy issues are addressed.
- Provide advanced level support, installation and maintenance in VoIP technology (Call control, voicemail, contact center).
- Document and explain network topologies, understand and diagram existing network diagram, explain and plan for future growth.
- Ensure that the technologies are updated with current, stable, and compliant architecture and applications that meet enterprise standards. Conduct technical research, perform vendor comparisons, and analyze cost requirements for their recommendations.
- Troubleshoot network OS, monitoring software and/or hardware issues/failures. Resolve alerts and perform remediation activities.
- Proactively monitor and identify broader, more complex issues across multiple, integrated, connecting technologies and communicate as appropriate.
- Develop processes and procedure related to network administration.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning and exercises.
- Perform after hours/weekend activities as needed for the environment and technologies.
- Ability to engineer, build and test networks for optimum throughput and reliability.
- Receives and provides technical triage for incoming IT Services requests to resolution or escalation.
- Leverages Systems/Network team to escalate issues as required.
- Images, installs, configures and maintains workstations, mobile devices and other related equipment, devices and systems; adds or upgrades and configures disk drives, printers and other accessories.
- Performs approved software and application installation and upgrades.
- Provides basic support including participating in on boarding/off boarding of personnel.
- Provides detailed documentation both inside and outside the ticketing system.
- Provide IT training to new and existing company staff.
- Inventory Tracking of IT assets.
- Provide support to owners on personal technology issues that arise.
- Audio/Visual Equipment troubleshooting
Knowledge & Experience:
- 2-3 years Cisco/Aruba network engineering.
- Experience with Palo Alto Firewalls.
- AWS/Azure experience or certifications
- Design and deployment experience
- Solid foundations in Windows server stack and VMware
- Good to have - CCNA (R&S), ACE/PCNSA/PCNSE
- Expert understanding of firewall configuration and maintenance, experience with Palo Alto equipment preferred
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Network concepts and advanced working skills with various network technologies
- Advanced understanding of OS and Network security best practices and strategies.
- Strong understanding of the OSI model.
- Strong knowledge packet capture analysis and reporting.
- Peripherals such as printers & MFPs, cell phones, tablets and other mobile devices
- Prior experience with imaging solutions and PC deployment processes
- Wireless display solutions (Chromecast, AppleTV & MS Wireless display)
- Basic Understanding of Active Directory & NTFS Permissions
- File Sharing
- Printer Sharing
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, management information systems or related field is preferred.
- 2-3 years hands-on experience in network engineering, help desk including remote support
- Strong problem-solving skills with a proactive approach.